I can’t even describe how excited I am to be nominated for The Liebster Award! When I first started this blog a few months ago, I wasn’t even sure if people would read it. My doubts and insecurities tried to get the best out of me but I pushed through and met so many wonderful women on this journey. One of my favorite blogging moms The Plentiful Cup nominated me and I am forever thankful!
This not only means that someone stumbles across my blog now and again (yes, I do check the stats now and again. OK, almost every day). But this also means that someone out there also reads what I have to say. I once asked another blogging mom what keeps her going, and she said that it was knowing that at least one person found inspiration or solace in what you have to say. I truly hope this is the case.
The Liebster Award is an online award given to a blogger by other bloggers to help recognize and support up and coming bloggers around the world. To learn more about this award click here. Let’s spread the love!
With this award comes some homework which I don’t mind since it’s pretty fun. I had to write 10 Random Facts About Myself. This will be interesting since I am supposed to be 100% honest on my blog… OK, here it goes:
- I am an introvert. I love people but I love being alone even more
- I drink coffee just because it tastes good
- I struggle with self-love and confidence
- I eat healthy but if it was up to me, I would eat junk food most of the time
- Sometimes I miss my life before kids
- I want to do an IQ test but I’m scared of the results so I choose not to do one
- My favorite number is 9 and I have no idea why
- I could watch Netflix series for weeks straight
- I passed my driving test when I think I should have failed
- I hate watching sports
I had to answer 11 questions given to me by the blogger who nominated me – The Plentiful Cup:
1. If u were a kind of weather what kind of weather would u be and why?
I’d be hot weather. You know, so I could be HOT!
2. How would you describe yourself? Now as someone else to describe you? Are the answers similar or different? If they are different why do you think that is?
I think I would describe myself as quiet, a little shy, an introvert, but friendly. Others would probably describe me as very open, honest and very outgoing. I believe both sides are accurate – I am outgoing when I am out and about, but I love being alone in peace and quiet too.
3. Are you comfortable with the person you are currently? Why or why not?
I am very comfortable with my husband (maybe too much!). Isn’t this the purpose of spending your life with somebody – to have someone you feel totally comfortable with?
4. What did you Google last?
Kids’ Boutique in Chicago
5. What was the most awkward conversation you have overheard?
I once overheard a couple talking about me and my friend on a train. They were speaking Lithuanian and didn’t know my friend and I speak the same language!
6. You can eat 1 thing for the rest of your life, what is it?
7. What has changed about you since you started blogging?
I became more honest with myself and more intuitive. I have also followed my own advice and stopped caring about what others think of me.
8. Which actor/actress would play you in a movie about your life?
Charlize Theron without a competition!
9. If you could have lunch with anyone, who would it be? Why? What would you order?
Samuel L. Jackson – he seems like a very wise man. I would also ask him to read me “Go The F*** to Sleep”, I just need to hear it live once!
10. What have u seen that u wish you could un-see?
Someone once posted a picture of unborn baby cut in half for science purposes. I guess the baby wouldn’t have survived anyway so they did that for science purposes… I wish I could unsee it. I told you I’d be honest here!
11. What would 2008 think about your answers to these questions?
2008 would probably be pissed at me for my honesty!
Nominate other bloggers:
- Mom Talks
- Baffled Mom
- The Pay at Home Parent
- Confidential Mommy Talks
- Aratari at Home
- Little Mountain Mommy
- Mommy Needs Cookies
- Momma Camping
- This Little Blog of Mind
- Little Toes and Bows
- Making Time for Mommy
Questions for my Nominees:
- What is something you do that you think makes you look stupid?
- What is the silliest/craziest/most absurd/embarrassing piece of clothing you have ever worn?
- In one sentence how would you describe yourself?
- If you had to describe yourself using food items, what would it look like?
- If you had the opportunity to create and direct a movie, what would be the name of it?
- What is the biggest regret of your life?
- If you could choose your occupation again, what would you want to be?
- What is the best and the worst parts of your life?
- Where do you get your news from?
- If you could take one thing with you when you die and were able to use it in the afterlife, what would it be?
- What do you judge people by?
Good luck everyone nominated and have fun in the process!